Montachusett Regional Vocational Technical School Mission Statement Every student will graduate from Montachusett Regional Vocational Technical School with the skills, knowledge, and abilities to be a productive and effective member of an ever-changing society.
Click the links below to be brought to our Philosophy and Goals
Philosophy | Goals
A. School Environment
- To provide an environment that admits students to the school and makes available to them its advantages, privileges, and courses of study without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
- To provide a safe environment in which everyone can feel free of harassment, threats, and abuse.
- To promote effective communication and involvement among students, parents, and staff.
- To develop good citizenship through the understanding and appreciation of civic responsibilities.
- To benefit from the social and cultural diversity of our student population.
B. Curriculum / Instruction
- To provide career/technical and academic programs that are current, flexible, integrated, and adaptable and which lead to employment and/or post secondary institutions, colleges, and universities.
- To strengthen the ability of students to communicate effectively, solve problems creatively, and apply critical thinking skills within a complex society.
- To provide students with positive, challenging experiences that will enhance self-esteem.
- To provide for varied learning styles based on formal and informal diagnosis of individual student’s strengths and weaknesses.
- To encourage interactive and student-centered learning to enhance achievement.
- To provide students the opportunity to apply learned skills and concepts to real-life situations.
- To prepare students to be lifelong learners.
- To develop activities for students which promote social, emotional, and physical well-being.
- To systematically monitor the progress of all students across all areas of the curriculum, using alternative and traditional methods.
- To develop opportunities for participation in meaningful co-curricular and extracurricular activities in school and community.
- To adhere to state and national standards for student assessment and program evaluation data to improve continuously the school climate, organization, management, curricula and instruction to advance student learning and to recognize students who meet both curriculum and performance goals.
C. Support Services
- To provide academic and career/technical support to all students.
- To provide a comprehensive career plan to all students.
- To ensure that students receive guidance and counseling enabling them to deal effectively with their social and personal development.
- To provide a structured system of extra help to enable students who may need additional support to complete an accelerated program of study.
- To provide and support ongoing professional development for staff.
D. Parent / Community Involvement
- To present the opportunities and advantages of career/technical education to prospective students and their parents so that informed decisions can be made when choosing a secondary school and setting career plans.
- To secure parent / community support through participation on advisory boards, school council, and parent organizations.
- To provide students and parents the opportunities to interact through a variety of extra and co-curricular activities..